Thursday, March 25, 2010

2008 Dragonwell / Springtime

Today's tea is a 2008 Dragonwell purchased at TenRen on a visit there last year.

Time has taken its toll on this great treasure, but there is still some life in it yet.
The dry leaf has a pleasing scent of spicy vegetation, something along the lines of a radish.
The undertones of the classic toasted aroma present themselves not far after.


The liquor is almost absent of aroma, but there is still a specific smell that wafts from the cup; just can not pinpoint it.


The first sip...sweet sensations are detected.
Not long after, a grassy astringency is brought forth.
As the liquid cools the throat, an aromatic spice is present. Rosemary. Strange, but pleasing.

I enjoy three more infusions after the first. The last infusion being sweet water.
This tea, although old, still holds life. Reminds me of a fruitful, aged man trying so hard not to give up.

Definitely a tea that deserves respect.



The end of spring break is coming nearer, and with that, springtime is coming closer.
New Mexico is vibrant during the spring season.














I thought I should share a bit of my spring with everyone.
Hope you enjoy

~Billy



Read Asiatic Fox's opinion of this tea here

4 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job so far, keep it up.

    Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support!
    I greatly appreciate it!
    Any advice for improvement?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely descriptions here. Also, CHERRY BLOSSOMS EEEEEE

    Man, I love staring at the Sakura. I really do.

    -Fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fox,

    I am very pleased to know that you are enjoying my blog! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete